The beginning foundation of Mountain View Academy can be seen in the importance of Chrisitian Education for many Seventh-day Adventist families that journeyed to Mountain View, California.
In 1904, several Seventh-day Adventist families arrived in the area with the relocation of Pacific Press Publishing Association from Oakland to Mountain View.
Several families desired to have their children receive a Christian education that they might "grow in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." With that, the SDA church established an elementary school in 1906.
As the first students progressed in their education, the need for a secondary school became apparent.Mountain View Union Academy was established in 1918 and graduated its first Class of 1923.
The block bounded by Dana Street, California Street, Mountain View Avenue and Shoreline Boulevard has been the continuous site of the school. The original two-room structure was expanded as needed until it became too unwieldy, and a better plant was planned.
- A new structure was built in 1968, with a chapel, auditorium, print shop and home economics room added as time went on.